Friday, September 24, 2010

Uh...hi. Long time no...write. Oopsies!

Well hello there. No sense in beating around the bush. I'm a slacker. In more ways than one, but we'll just discuss this one example. You know, how I haven't posted to my blog since March. Since right before 'Mulan' went to LaGrange. Oops! Sorry! And so much has happened since then, you would think it would be impetus enough for me to share my fun experiences with the rest of the world. But alas, when you are a procrastinator like myself, you tend to slack off on some things until lo and behold, six (six!!!) months later, you finally decide to attend to that task you've been meaning to complete. Or that, er, pile of boxes in the garage. *sheepish grin*

So I think the best and most efficient way for me to go about this (and by efficient I mean what will leave me enough time before I fall asleep to finish up that last episode of Project Runway) is to just lay down a bulleted list of the major theatrical/acting gigs that I've gotten in addition to 'Mulan'. I hope you enjoy the succinctness! (Or if you are jonesing for my more detailed accounts, I would say you'll have to wait until my next post. So yeah...see you back here in six months. J/K! Totes J/K. Er, I hope I'm J/K-ing...)

-booked a voice over gig as Synn in the pilot for the cartoon series 'Solace Amongst Nightmares' (check it out on Facebook)
-a non-speaking role in a commercial for the North American Mission Board (thanks, Kathleen!)
-Frenchy in the 'Grease' that never was at Georgia Ensemble Theatre (long story that I'll explain in person if you ask)
-called back for Angela in 'Twist' at the Alliance Theatre (twas uber awesome getting to sing/dance for Debbie Allen, although I didn't get the job)
-Marcy in 'Spelling Bee' at Rosewater Theatre
-taught musical theater for two weeks at the Red Mountain Theatre Company summer workshop in Birmingham, Alabama
-booked a voice over gig as the rare items merchant for the online flash game 'Cuboy: Back to the Cubeture 2'
-booked a few voice over gigs for message-on-hold recordings (e.g., "Thank you for calling so-and-so. A representative will be right with you...")
-Kathy Selden in 'Singin' in the Rain' at the Aurora Theatre (this experience runs neck and neck w/ 'Mulan'...getting paid to tap dance? C'mon! Sweet!)
-Sue in the indie film short 'My Good Fortune' by CakeBaby Productions (I got to star alongside my own mom, who played my...mom!)
-called back twice for a voice over gig as an elf in an animated short film for Xmas 2011 (still waiting to hear about that one)
-recorded two audiobooks for Carina Press
-cast in the Alliance Theatre's children's musical 'Honk!' for early 2011
-cast as Marcy in 'Spelling Bee' at Legacy Theatre for early/mid 2011

So, as you can see, I've been kinda busy since 'Mulan', which I am extremely grateful for. I am also grateful for my husband. He has been very supportive throughout this whole transition, which is no longer a transition I guess. My situation now is that I do private speech therapy part time so as to have, ahem, a paycheck, as well as the flexibility that allows for going on auditions and rehearsing/performing during the day if needed. It is a great setup (although harder on the budget) and I love it!

Up next is 'The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee' at Georgia Ensemble Theatre. I'm playing Marcy. Again. :) We start rehearsals October 12. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment