Friday, January 29, 2010

Blue Prints, Y'all

More blocking today, specifically the part where I as Mulan screw things up with the matchmaker, plus some other scenes. And for some reason my emotions were very accessible today, because I got pretty misty-eyed during the part where I face my father and tell him that I've disappointed the family. And then that sweet little scene where he tells me that late bloomers are the most beautiful of all (the cherry blossom metaphor). Man, this story has some poignant moments, I'll tell ya!

A cool thing about this level of production value is the fact that some of the set design blueprints are tacked up on the rehearsal hall walls, so if we are ever unsure of where this one set piece is or how we fit into the set for this part of a scene, we all gather around the blueprints (think highly detailed, drawn-to-scale, architectural-looking layouts) and talk about how it all fits together. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment