Monday, January 25, 2010

Closing the door and opening a window...

Today was my last day at my school. To say the least, it was a hectic one, but it had its moments in between that reminded me of how special this school is.

I had 3 IEP meetings, 1 performance evaluation conference, and 1 therapy session. In between I was training my replacement and making notes about what I still needed to do.

Peppered throughout all this madness though was the following:

-A beautiful set of earrings;
-Pretty red gerbera daisies;
-A send-off party with a kindergarten class that included a fruit bowl, some OJ, some hand-made cards, and a particularly heart-warming and smile-producing book published by said kindergartners. They each drew a picture of me with them and wrote a sentence that began "I love Ms. Bellair because..." Um, awesome!
-Final chats and hugs with colleagues.

I finished everything up at about 9:00 (although I did go home for a bit beforehand to let the dogs out and to eat a quick dinner) and then both literally and figuratively closed the door to this part of my life - a part that has taught me so very much about speech therapy, children, family, and everything else you can think of.

Thank you Murdock!

No comments:

Post a Comment