Thursday, January 28, 2010

Physical Comedy - Kids Love It!

Today we blocked a lot of scenes, and two of them have me falling over and/or crashing into things/people. My bottom hurts a little, but the kids tend to love the physical stuff. :) Is there a safe way for an actor to fall? I guess on your bottom is the safest way there is! Neither of my degrees taught me these skills! But I sure can administer a standardized language test. ;)

Hmm...I really don't have much else to report from today. Oh yeah - before we blocked scenes, we had a music rehearsal (how could I forget this?!?) in which I realized that 'Reflection' is not the only difficult song for me to sing in this show (when you hear our version you'll know why). There is another song that I sing - with the gracious help of the ancestors - when I decide to steal away in the night and fight for my family. I think we all agreed that this song is pretty special. Oh, and it involves me belting a high note on an 'ee' vowel for 6 beats. You singers know that this is not an easy task. Here's to hoping it comes out like singing and not screeching! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment