Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Costumes!

This morning I had my second costume fitting, and all of my outfits were ready - including the gorgeous dress for the matchmaker scene! It is this beautiful and ornate robe-type dress with huge sleeves. The craftsperson finished my headdress - golden peacocks and lotus flowers. This will be a very fun costume to wear...for about 15 minutes. :) That's about how long I keep it on in the show. Oh well. My other costumes are just as fun - the soldier garb I wear for the majority of the show. Duh, since I'm disguised as a boy for most of the story. It's so amazing to have things custom made for you - especially when you're petite and used to things always being too long or too big, etc. I got to wear my wig again today so they could see how my helmet fits. It was fun pretending to have hair down to my lower back. It looks so real!

We worked my blocking a little more for the song "Reflection" this afternoon. We also worked with the surprise element intensely today. I don't get to use the surprise element, although I'm not too envious of the actors that do. Their work with it is incredible though. Trust me, once you see what it is, you will be blown away! Ooh, I wanna tell, I wanna tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment