Sunday, February 7, 2010

How About a Girl and a Sword?!?

I finally got to do some stage combat today, and with a sword no less! (Well, it's not real of course.) Acting like you're hurting someone is so much more difficult than you would think. You have to make it look convincing and smooth, yet at the same time be careful not to injure your fellow actors. Luckily I share this scene with someone who is experienced in stage combat and looks incredibly composed and smooth in everything he does. :) It's all about practicing! Which maybe I should do at home with my husband...Hey babe - can you pretend to come at me with this broomstick and let me practice disarming you and then pin you to the ground with it? Awesome...

1 comment:

  1. I just came across your blog, and I definitely laughed out loud visualizing Colin running at you with a broomstick. Hahaha, awesome.

    ReplyDelete