Saturday, February 6, 2010

Live Musicians? Too Expensive

I was initially disappointed when I learned that Mulan would be done with prerecorded tracks instead of a live orchestra. However, I must say that the tracks are gorgeous and full and work beautifully. And the coolest part is watching our MD sit and fiddle on his laptop while we're rehearsing whenever we need adjustments made to the tracks for whatever reason. And he's a genius! Five minutes later, he all's like, OK, listen to what I just whipped up. And it's perfect and beautiful. Technology is amazing, albeit detrimental in some ways to the livelihood of many orchestra musicians.

Oh - today we listened to some of the above, and then Mushu and I worked one of our scenes to enhance some cute little moments we have together. It's very difficult to look at the puppet face of Mushu and not the actor's real face. Oops! I just gave away one of the show secrets... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment