Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Miso Lazy

Sooo...I've been kinda lazy on the daily posts. My apologies! However, the last few days of rehearsal have pretty much just been doing run-throughs of the entire show and working little spots here and there. Our first day on the stage is Friday. OMG I can't wait - I hear the set is coming together and it's beeyootiful. Teehee! I could go downstairs and take a peek if I wanted, but I think I'm going to wait until Friday for the big reveal!

On other musical theater fronts, yesterday and today I auditioned for the upcoming broadway musical 'Bring It On'. YES. You guessed it - based on the cheerleading movie. I did a fun 'dance' audition yesterday which was not really dancing but attempting a cheer and being really cheesy and spirited. :) It was a lot of fun actually. I'm so glad I went out for it. Dang - some girls seemed perfect for it! Extremely spirited and whatnot. I didn't make the dance cut, but I was called back today to sing for them. I sang about 16 bars of a pop song and was just told 'thank you', which is how a lot of auditions go. But it's all about being seen and showing up for as many auditions as you can in this business. Every now and then you're a great fit for what they're looking for, and this one was not a good fit. But that's OK! I'm perfectly happy doing Mulan right now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment