Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Media Day

Today was almost like a show, and I only say that because we had several special people watching our rehearsal. We didn't have costumes or a set or anything like that. Just a bigger, different audience. But it was a lot of fun! I was feeling a little icky in my lungs, so my singing wasn't what I wanted it to be, but I did my best. I think I'm getting over a cold. Since I've gone vegan, my colds have been extremely mild - so much so that I sometimes don't realize if I've got one. But I could feel it in some of my singing today. I had to clear my throat quite a bit. Other than that, I feel pretty good.

Anyhoodle, I digress. Following our run-through, I and the actor who plays Mushu, Bernard, were interviewed first by WABE 90.1 (I know! I listen to NPR all the time!) and then by the local TV program Atlanta and Company. Each interview was fun in its own way. The radio interview was cool because I got to do it with Bernard, so it was a little less pressure. The TV interview was interesting because we had to answer some questions twice so the camera could get a shot of me answering and then a shot of the interviewer asking the question. My guess is this is the protocol when traveling to a location to shoot an interview. Otherwise they'd probably have two cameras for it and wouldn't have to do the double take stuff. Ugh - I can't remember the term they used for this so I can't sound as cool as I want. ;) I'm told that we will probably have more media people coming to watch rehearsals in the next few days. So I gots to put on my best Miss America smile and make sure I answer good and sound like I know what I'm talking about. :)

One more day in the rehearsal hall, and then we start rehearsing on the stage! Yay!!!

1 comment:

  1. We are getting very excited for opening night! My oldest has been reading the blog with me & is especially excited. Can't wait to see how it all comes together! Break a leg!

    ReplyDelete