Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hair!

I got fitted for some of my headpieces and wig today. The wig is beeyootiful, but because it looks extremely natural and real, not because it's fancy or anything. The wig maker even gave it a widow's peak! Then the sound guys looked at how my soldier hat and wedding headpiece would affect the placement of my mic. There's a hole in the top of my wig made specifically for the tiny little mic to go through so it can come down and sit on my forehead. Once again, I felt supercool sitting there in the costume shop with all these talented professionals milling about me and talking their fancy wig and mic talk! :)

On a less exciting note, I got kinda crabby today when I couldn't get my tai chi and bow staff choreography right. I think a combination of the rainy, cold weather and my brain being tired contributed to me being in a funk for the first part of our work today. For the first time in this process, it's all starting to feel a bit more normal and I commented to a cast mate in my frustration that the honeymoon is over. I don't want to sound at all ungrateful for this opportunity cuz duh, I'm not. I continually feel amazed that I am a part of this show. What I'm trying to say is that when you get down to it, this is just another job. An awesome job, yes. But it's work. And today I realized that the initial excitement has waned and, although I'm having the best time of my life, some days may be a little more difficult than others, just like any other job. But I still can't wait for rehearsal tomorrow! Yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment